Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The King's Challenge #329

TKC 329

The young woman suffers spasms as I probe her, but she does not deny my entry. I am aware that Iniri has joined us, although I cannot look at her.

Long minutes pass and I laud Siri’s tenacity. Most men will have withdrawn after the first ten seconds, while women tend to stay with me for at least twenty – women endure pain longer – but she accepts all. Her blood is warm to my etheric touch, her heartbeat strong. She is in full health, although a little dehydrated, and I sense she is hungry. Probing deeper, I ‘read’ her genetics, as well as the signature unique to her. We all possess such a signature; it is tied to our auras but is also far more.

“Enough, father,” I hear Iniri murmur.

Yes, it is enough. The young woman is about to convulse. I release her and she falls back; Iniri kneels to hold her from behind, crooning unintelligible words.

More long minutes pass, this time to find equanimity. I wait. She will only hear me when she is able to focus outward once more.

A shudder passes through her and finally she looks up at me again, the question clear in her gaze.

“You are Massinian with Ilfin genetics,” I respond to her silent plea. “Your bloodline is from Makaran, but your soul is from the spaces here.” I shift my attention to Iniri. “I suspect many born to the world below will have this duality. Ancestral blood allows the passing down of talents, but their souls are new.”

“Original souls?” Iniri asks as she helps the younger woman stand.

“Siri Mur is original to this world; who knows if there is an ancient recycle program in place.”

“What does this mean for Damin and me?” Siri interrupts.

“Damin is both. Massinian born with Ilfin genetics, which means he is your brother true here, but his soul is Makaran original, which means he cannot be bonded to you across the time passed.”



No comments: