The first full sentence of page 23 – various books:
(to see what happens!)
1. There are many stories that show how changing one’s perceptions can result in breakthrough insights.
2. Often he thought: My life did not begin until I knew her.
3. He is able to become on his own a pseudo-stranger, like the ‘stranger’ Naipaul wishes to become himself.
4. ‘I think they developed some characteristics picked up by the biochips in their E.coli phases.’
5. They had come to the end of the rainbow, and the pot of gold was no longer there.
6. He brought his hands around to show.
7. There are three deaths.
8. The problem has now begun to shift.
9. He held her hand and then she threw up, as she had promised, into the shiny silver bowl.
10. If her mother didn’t want Brianna Randall going to Broch Tuarach, there was nothing stopping him looking at the place.
11. Follow him and find out where he goes.
12. And Cas Doran realised with a small shock that he knew very well what her life was like.
13. I had a feeling then.
14. The kitchen was alive with hustle and bustle.
15. Joseph stuck two fingers between his right cheek and upper right gum and pulled out a flat strip of metal, notched at one end; a tiny fork, no longer than Thomas’s pinkie.
16. He read and evening closed in.
17. I said that the book cost $21.95 and that the cost of postage and packaging was a further $25.
18. List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.
19. They didn’t, however, and his life in those years (except for peaceful interludes on the marsh) had been one of pursuit at close quarters.
20. The reason you need to record your dream alchemy practices is that you need to repeat them over a set period, so regard this little magic book as your recipe book to remind you what you need to do, how often, and when.
Truly random. Some follow, some don’t. Anyone recognise which books?