Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Review: WHAM! (Timewalker 1) by Carol Marrs Phipps/Tom Phipps

Wham! (Timewalker #1)Wham! by Carol Marrs Phipps
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Set in a world poisoned and strictly monitored, this is a work of absolute imagination. Yes, there are fairies, elves and trolls (and other strange creatures) but not as you think you know them. High-tech and magic stand side by side here, and it works, an urban fantasy that is also epic, dystopian, and much more.

I loved the added languages! And the ingenuity amid the characters is riveting. As reader, you experience a range of emotions, from despair to hope, anger to celebration (and sometimes you wish you could climb into the story to smack someone around a bit) and then you wonder how will it all possibly work out? The fact that I am left wondering about what comes next, proves this is a story worth reading! I want to find out!

Well done to the authors. This is imaginative and original. Despite a few edit errors I stumbled over, WHAM! deserves your attention – you will be glued to the pages …enjoy!


View all my reviews

No comments: