Friday, June 29, 2018

The Second Coming by Grant Leishman

The Second ComingThe Second Coming by Grant Leishman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I started reading this series the wrong way round, beginning with the end (something profound in that statement!) and coming back to start over. Having read the final book, and having enjoyed it, I wanted to find out how it all began. How did Jesus get to be here on Earth?

The action takes place in the Philippines and makes for interesting reading. It’s tongue-in-cheek irreverent at times, but also pretty serious at others. The camaraderie between the ‘disciples’ is heart-warming, and love plays a huge role. After all, a second coming is all about love, or it could never work.

Whether or not you believe in JC, this is an enjoyable read, a what-if scenario. If you fancy a trek through the wilder places, or simply seek to see the Philippines from a different perspective, this is a fit for you. I found it intriguing and some of the concepts, such as peace between religious groups, made me think. Beyond that, it is a thoroughly enjoyable tale!


View all my reviews

No comments: