Sunday, August 5, 2018

Review: DYLAP by A.C. Salter

DylapDylap by A.C. Salter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Having read the Daughter of Chaos series, I not only knew the character Dylap, but also wanted to read more from the imagination of A.C. Salter. This is the tale of Dylap’s origins, a fae with attitude in the series, and now we discover why that is.

I lapped this up; not only is this fae forest described so spectacularly that I felt as if I was running up giant boles on the back of a squirrel, flying with finches, hummingbirds and swifts, and falling from on high to the forest floor and certain death, but the tale itself is absolutely riveting! Suddenly this isn’t a story about little people, you are there and they are as giants in their world, with both the good and the bad in their society.

Add in a few seriously nasty creatures (and some eight-legged monsters that made my skin crawl), ancient enmity based on wing structure, betrayal and also loyalty and love, and I tell you, you must read Dylap. I was transported and I know you will agree with me! Dylap deserves, absolutely, every single star that makes up the five!


View all my reviews

No comments: