Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Review: IRON by Aiki Flinthart

IRON (Kalima Chronicles Book 1)IRON by Aiki Flinthart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my second read and review for IRON, this being the second edition. I loved it even more than the first read!

Firstly, the mixture of cultures and languages (English, Chinese, Arabic) makes this an adventure. Seriously, every cuss word in another language here was spot on – I knew exactly what the character meant without actually knowing what the word itself was, and that is simply brilliant. Kudos to the author!

Secondly, this is an actual adventure that kept me turning virtual pages. The pace is swift, but the characters are well-rounded despite that, and I appreciated that also. I cared about the people on this world. The characters are a mixture of both youthful and more mature, which gives this tale depth … and leads to surprises as well.

The fact that Kalima is a world settled by humankind, only to be cut off from supplies from Earth, means that it is a mixture of olden times and some technology. Interesting, adds a definite twist to the whole.

Cannot wait to read book 2! IRON is a story with a beginning and an end, no cliff-hangers, and yet enough pointers reveal book 2 will be epic. This book certainly sets the scene, and I definitely recommend it to readers of Fantasy who love a touch of Sci-fi weaved in also.


View all my reviews

No comments: