Tuesday, November 28, 2023

ECHO: Map, update, author notes

Those of you who have read at least some of my Lore, will know I tell the story from a multiple viewpoint. The characters are in different places, sometimes different times, and to follow the unfolding saga, well, it makes sense to follow them wherever they are, and then bring it all together. Not so with ECHO: Autumn of the Dragon. For this standalone, and it is standalone, I chose to stick with Echayn Valla throughout. Why? Because this is an adventure within the larger tale and it transpires over a short period and, given he is the focus, it just felt right to follow only him. There are a few interesting side characters, though, and it is technically a sequel, this adventure coming after all that went before.

Also, and this surprised me, the pace is faster than for any of my big books. It's as if, in telling it from a single point of view, the action is accelerated. As a writer, I'm intrigued as to how you the reader will regard this, and hope you will tell me one way or another.

Here's the latest update: Edits are complete, images have been removed, other than the map, and I'm about to start the publishing process. Just a final check …

… okay, talking map. I'm in two minds. I have included an AI generated one, but is it good enough to pass the publishing checks? Is it good enough for you to read it online? If it fails those checks, I will remove it, but here it is, in the event you want to pop by later to have a look:



No comments: