Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Review: Good Sister Bad Sister (Heart of the Staff 1) by Carol and Tom Phipps

Good Sister, Bad Sister (Heart of the Staff Book 1)Good Sister, Bad Sister by Carol Marrs Phipps
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an imaginative setting for two sisters that are complete opposites of each other! When the plague hits and most scramble to find solutions and cures, others attempt to use the chaos to their advantage, even going so far as to hang Elves for no other reason than they are Elves. Without giving the entire story away, I must say I kept wondering when someone would realise, well, RATS. Rats keep scampering and no one gets it! I found that a great touch, I must admit.

There’s a host of characters you either love or hate, but each is ever so interesting. From palace to forest, from farm to dark woods, from cliffs to caves and much more, laced with much magics and the craziest folk and creatures, the action and scheming is non-stop. I have to say I adored the mercenary crow the most!

Carol and Tom Phipps have a unique voice. This is not your everyday kind of tale – it has character, it’s different, and it draws you in. I definitely recommend this to readers of fantasy who like it with a twist.


View all my reviews

No comments: