52 Weeks 500 Words
This is how it began: Justine (not her real name) decided to write 500 words (or as near as), anything goes, per week for 52 weeks. She would then submit it for anonymous posting, via me, her friend. Perhaps a pattern will emerge from her words, but at this stage it’s more an experiment I have agreed to share in. I’ll attempt to draw conclusions at the end of this. Stay tuned if this resonates with you.
1. I am healthy
2. I have a lovely flat (apartment) in a good area
3. I have enough income not to worry too much
4. I have a car
5. I have good friends
6. My brother and I have reconnected
7. I have finished my first novel
8. I love the editing process
9. ‘Justine’s Journal’ has made me more positive
10. I am stronger now than this time last year
11. My balcony garden is growing pot by pot
12. The ocean is nearby
13. I have stopped smoking
14. I love my new bed
15. I have met someone new
This is a list of thing and events I have as goals and it too will go on my wall.
1. Finish the edit
3. Get a cat, you know you want one
4. Be yourself
5. Stay positive
It’s not a massive list and maybe I should add ‘fall in love; but that may be tempting fate too much. Until next week, then – I have a date this afternoon!"