Saturday, January 31, 2015

Justine's Journal Week #24

52 Weeks 500 Words


This is how it began: Justine (not her real name) decided to write 500 words (or as near as), anything goes, per week for 52 weeks. She would then submit it for anonymous posting, via me, her friend. Perhaps a pattern will emerge from her words, but at this stage it’s more an experiment I have agreed to share in. I’ll attempt to draw conclusions at the end of this. Stay tuned if this resonates with you.

Week 24

"This week I've decided to stay away from a long entry giving out those emotional twists I seem to find myself in. Instead I’m going to share a list of positive events and things I've been working on recently. I intend to put it on my wall to remind myself I have much to be thankful for.

1. I am healthy

2. I have a lovely flat (apartment) in a good area

3. I have enough income not to worry too much

4. I have a car

5. I have good friends

6. My brother and I have reconnected

7. I have finished my first novel

8. I love the editing process

9. ‘Justine’s Journal’ has made me more positive

10. I am stronger now than this time last year

11. My balcony garden is growing pot by pot

12. The ocean is nearby

13. I have stopped smoking

14. I love my new bed

15. I have met someone new

That last one is still very new, but the fact I was open to it made it happen. Holding thumbs. I’ll fill you in down the line, no doubt!

This is a list of thing and events I have as goals and it too will go on my wall.

1. Finish the edit

2. Publish

3. Get a cat, you know you want one

4. Be yourself

5. Stay positive

It’s not a massive list and maybe I should add ‘fall in love; but that may be tempting fate too much. Until next week, then – I have a date this afternoon!"



No comments: